The Radiotopia Kickstarter campaign is barreling along, with just 3 days left. We are so excited about our final stretch goal: $600,000 to start a pilot fund for new voices. Our (nearly 20,000!) backers are helping us truly revolutionize public radio.
The folks at Kickstarter recently invited us to their beautiful Brooklyn digs for a conversation with the Radiotopia producers*, led by PRX’s Jake Shapiro. They talked of the joys and challenges of making radio in a new way, building relationships with a new kind of listener, and funding their passion.
Some excerpted highlights:
- Veteran producers discuss podcasting
- Rejected by radio, embraced by podcasting
- Podcasting business models
- Innovating and the new rules of podcasting
Stephanie Pereira gave us a tour of Kickstarter’s remarkable offices, a 99% Invisible fan’s dream. Oh look, there’s Roman, snapping a pic. >>>
Special thanks to Stephanie, Kickstarter CEO Yancey Strickler, and Owen Katz for a great day.
* except Benjamen Walker who was busy teaching podcasting.