It’s Turkey Time! As you make your way to your mama’s house, here are some holiday travel picks from Audrey & Genevieve at PRX.
Simply amazing listens:
- Best of the Best: all the Third Coast winners in one place.
- Radiotopia! Subscribe to all of the shows and load up with episodes for offline listening for those train, plane and car rides.
To get you in the holiday spirit:
- The Moth: Unforgettable Thanksgiving
- A child’s Christmas thoughts spring into song produced by Andy Mills.
On America and travel:
- Walking Across America: Andrew Forsthoefel set out at age 23 to walk across America with a sign that said “Walking to Listen.” Co-produced by Jay Allison.
- In Search of America 50 Years After Steinbeck, a journey through today’s America in the eyes of contemporary artists.
On the best topic…food!
- Adaptation, Survival, Gratitude: a Lumbee Thanksgiving (aka Gravy Podcast Ep. 1) from Southern Foodways and Tina Antolini.
- Thanksgiving is for Eaters produced by The Sporkful. Features stories from Mo Rocca, Amy Sedaris, Sam Sifton, Robert Krulwich and Brooke Gladstone.
- True Stories from the Butterball Turkey Hotline via America’s Test Kitchen.