We are blown away by what you, our fans, have done.
The Radiotopia Kickstarter campaign brought in $620,412 from 21,808 backers. You made us the most funded and most backed project in Kickstarter’s Radio/Podcasting subcategory as well as the entire Publishing category.
You showered us with money, you showered us with love. We’ve been pushing the dream of a new kind of public radio uphill through uncharted, bumpy terrain. You smoothed that path a LOT.
What the path looks like now:
- Original $250,000 goal: Keep us going and growing
- $400,000 stretch goal: Greenlight three new, woman-hosted shows: The Heart, Criminal, and The Allusionist
- November surprise (just because): Mortified!
- $425,000 stretch goal: Live events
- $500,000 stretch goal (!): Leveling up – more episodes, special episodes, pay the intern
- $600,000 stretch goal (!!!): Give new voices a leg up
The party’s over. The party’s just begun.
A huge thank you to our tireless ringleaders Kerri Hoffman and Roman Mars, to PRX CEO Jake Shapiro, to the immensely supportive Kickstarter team, to the Knight Foundation, to MailChimp, and to the entire Radiotopia crew:
Nick van der Kolk