This position has been filled.
PRX is hiring! We’re fun. You can see the details below and apply here.
What is the company?
At PRX you will find talented, passionate, and thoughtful people who create products that bring millions of listeners to shows created by public radio and podcast producers. We also work with top-tier shows like This American Life, The Moth Radio Hour, and 99% Invisible.
We’ve been around for 10 years, yet still have the entrepreneurial energy and opportunities of a much younger company. We genuinely care about a healthy work-life balance (we feel gross using buzzwords, but 40 hour weeks and flexible hours really are the norm around here).
What is the Software Engineer job?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative software engineer with a passion for building robust, scalable applications with simple interfaces. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and find your strengths across different technologies. We’re a small organization, so within a few weeks you’ll be expected take the lead and focus on a few projects while being comfortable with having an active support role for many of the other products we work on.
You’ll work closely with our other engineers, product managers, and employees on all phases of the development cycle including planning, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance. We don’t follow Agile with a capital “A”, but work on hitting the sweet spot, which means you’ll contribute to production code within a few days.
What do we build?
If you checkout our public GitHub repositories you’ll get a sense of the projects, team members, technologies and how we work: https://github.com/prx. Our core marketplace product http://www.prx.org is being upgraded to Angular.js and Rails 4 as an open source project. You can also see the iOS and Android apps we created and support https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/public-radio-exchange-prx/id312880534 and https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Public+Radio+Exchange.
Things we’re looking for
- Relevant experience with frameworks like Rails, Sinatra, Django, Angular and/or a degree in Computer Science
- Aptitude for learning new technologies/languages/platforms/APIs
- Be a nice person
- A design aesthetic and caring about how users interact with the things you build
- Recommendations for public radio shows or podcasts that we might not have heard
- Opinions you can back up are great. Opinions you want to experimentally verify are even better.
- Job title: Software Engineer
- Location: Harvard Square – Cambridge, MA
- Type of Position: Full-time with benefits
- Start date: Immediately
- Telecommute: No
- Apply here: http://bit.ly/1hDA6ON