Friday, May 16.
The New Orleans Marriott.
8:00 9:00 am. Light breakfast served.
Please join us at the PRC for a breakfast briefing on the Public Radio Exchange’s progress and preparations for imminent launch. We are gearing up for the first release of the PRX website and services over the coming summer, and we’re eager to tell you about it and get your input and ideas.
Over coffee and some Big Easy breakfast fare, we will:
- bring you up to date on the business planning, goals, and timeline of the PRX
- talk about the three key PRX services: digital distribution, peer review, and the PRX economy
- discuss the proposed models for use: showcase, modular, Internet, and station-station exchanges
- talk about the PRX’s emerging role in the public radio landscape, its relationship to PRSS and others
- show you new screenshots from the forthcoming PRX beta release
- brainstorm (if possible in the A.M.) on additional and future opportunities on the new PRX platform
You might want to check in at “Some Assembly Required: Collaboration and Systems for the Digital Age” with Jake Shapiro from the PRX, Marty Bloss of PRSS, and Bill Buzenberg of the Public Radio Collaboration.
We look forward to seeing you at the PRC!
RSVP to Jake Shapiro: email@example.com