Lily Bui posted on Friday, September 20th, 2013 | Blog, Press Releases
The Public Radio Exchange (PRX) and The Center for Investigative Reporting (CIR) announced at the Public Radio Program Directors Association (PRPD) conference in Atlanta that they’re partnering to create Reveal, an hour-long national radio pilot that will air starting September 28 on public radio stations across the country.
The pilot is hosted by Al Letson, creator and host of State of the Re:Union, and produced by CIR’s Susanne Reber and Marketplace alum Ben Adair.
Reveal will also give listeners a behind-the-scenes look at investigations in progress, break national investigative stories, and follow up on the impact and changes that result from these stories. Online, the Reveal website will feature data apps, video, and other ways listeners can engage with deep storytelling.
In an interview with Current, CIR’s Joaquin Alvarado (CIR’s Chief Strategy Officer) said that CIR is “multi-platform already, [but] the chance to work with PRX brings together two organizations with a lot of momentum. I feel like we’re really poised, with this relationship with PRX, to take things to a new level.”
PRX’s Managing Director John Barth states, “[Alvarado and I] both came to the same realization that there is a gap around consistent investigative journalism in public radio.” Thus, the collaboration between PRX and CIR seemed like a natural partnership.
Jake Shapiro, CEO of PRX, adds, “We felt that there was really a hole in the public radio schedule for an investigative voice. This show creates a reliable, creative platform for some of the most important stories being told.”
The series premiere is slated for next fall. Tune in starting the week of September 28, and follow along on the website and social media for more updates because as we all know, there’s always more to the story.
Listen to the Reveal promo.
Follow along online:Related
2 Comments to …And Now for the Reveal
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- Streaming | Features | Pitchfork April 16, 2014
- BAM | RadioLoveFest April 16, 2014
- (via 24/192 Music Downloads are Very Silly Indeed) April 15, 2014
- (via The Radio of the Future :: Museum of Imaginary Musical... April 14, 2014
- (via Why voice is the next big internet wave — Tech News and... April 7, 2014