Lily Bui posted on Friday, June 21st, 2013 | PRX
So goes the old refrain by George Gershwin.
Today is the summer solstice, which marks the beginning of the warmest season of the year. With the sun a little higher and the days a little longer, we shed our inhibitions along with the weight of winter and spring garb. If spring is the season of renewal, then summer is one of rejoicing.
Summer means barbecues, festivals, and camping. It means baseball games, road trips, concerts, and amusement parks. It’s when you finally get to that novel you’ve been meaning to read. Summer is when families go on vacation (for better or for worse). Summer means flip-flops. Sometimes, it means boredom. It’s the season of first kisses—and first heartbreaks. It’s when you eat ice cream cones that melt faster than you can finish them. It’s when you take that trip overseas you’ve been planning all year. Summer means newness. It’s also the season you look back on fondly in old-ness.
That magic void between June and August often bookends the best memories of our lives. Lean your ears toward our playlist of summer stories and memories from PRX to you. Listen in the sun.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- an introduction to v4 August 18, 2014
- labs 2.0 August 6, 2014
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (via - Public Radio Exchange | Public Radio Exchange) On the PRX... September 2, 2014
- (via The tape deck you probably won’t be leaving for your... September 2, 2014
- (via Pop Quiz: Before Public Media, I … | AIRmediaworks) August 29, 2014
- boobie-stabbie vs knowledge August 29, 2014
- (via Matter Applications are Open & Rolling! | Matter.)... August 28, 2014