Audrey posted on Monday, March 4th, 2013 | PRX
iMA and SXSW are right around the corner. Here is what PRXers will be up to during their glorious days in Austin, Texas — besides drinking cold cervesas!
Breaking Down Barriers: The Public Media Platform with Kerri Hoffman
Wednesday, March 6 at 8:15 AM
An in-depth discussion about why this effort, happening now, will create new possibilities for innovation and collaboration for all of us.
Public Media and the Cloud: Whose infrastructure are we using in the future? with Andrew Kuklewicz
Wednesday, March 6 at 3:45 PM
Come hear from this experienced bunch on their successes and the failures. This session will provide an understanding of what “the cloud” is, the diversity of options, what problems cloud hosting helps address, and what challenges it creates.
Understanding and Navigating the Aggregator Space with Rekha Murthy
Thursday, March 7 at 1:30 PM
With millions of public media “listeners” now engaging in content through aggregators apps on their computers, mobile devices, in their cars, and even on their home entertainment systems, this new space provides interesting partnership opportunities for public media content creators and distributors.
Pop Up Archive: Build an Archive & Make It Count a workshop including Andrew Kuklewicz
Monday, March 11 at 9:30 AM
AT&T Conference Center, Classroom 102
In this workshop we invite media creators to join us as we take archives from the shelf (or hard drive) to the web. We encourage workshoppers to consider archiving not only produced work, but also raw footage and ancillary media to make the most of their collections. We’ll teach you how to install free software for archives, create or import records, organize collections, and seamlessly upload files to services like the Internet Archive and SoundCloud. We’ll also teach you how to use the simple web-based Pop Up Archive system to find hidden gems and archive without your own server.
2 Comments to PRX at iMA and SXSWi 2013
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- an introduction to v4 August 18, 2014
- labs 2.0 August 6, 2014
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (via Pop Quiz: Before Public Media, I … | AIRmediaworks) August 29, 2014
- boobie-stabbie vs knowledge August 29, 2014
- (via Matter Applications are Open & Rolling! | Matter.)... August 28, 2014
- (via https://twitter.com/prx/status/505060059832139776/photo/1) August 28, 2014
- (via Wire Recorder Project) August 28, 2014