John posted on Wednesday, March 20th, 2013 | Blog, PRX, STEM Story Project
PRX is excited to announce a new competition for audio production funding. In partnership with the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, PRX presents the STEM Story Project, focused on STEM topics: Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. We have a pool of $40,000 to distribute among multiple projects.
PRX recently completed an open call for stories as part of the PRX Global Story Project. This time around, our goals with the STEM Story Project are to:
- Unleash highly creative, STEM-based original stories and productions
- Educate and excite listeners about STEM topics and issues
- Tell stories and explain STEM issues in new ways
We want these productions to be heard and shared widely. So, proposals need to appeal both to stations and directly to listeners. You’ll find a lot more details about the PRX STEM Story Project here: application and guidelines.
So, get your ideas together, you critical thinkers, you! The DEADLINE for applications is April 22, 2013 at 11:59PM ET.
The PRX STEM Story Project Team
P.S. If you applied to our Global Story Project, please read the guidelines for STEM carefully — we’ve changed some things.
Join us on Friday, March 29, 2013 at 2PM ET for #PRXSTEMchat on Twitter! We’ll be discussing science topics and answering your questions about the STEM Story Project. Whether you’re a scientist, science enthusiast or producer, we invite you to weigh in!
PRX will also hold one STEM project webinar on Friday, April 5 at 2PM ET to answer questions — register here.
If you can’t make or wait for the webinar, email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. But read the application and guidelines first!
9 Comments to Announcing the PRX STEM Story Project
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (via College Radio Changes Frequency - WSJ) July 29, 2014
- (via Rieder: Watchdog reporting for public radio) USAToday on... July 29, 2014
- (via The newsonomics of NPR One and the dream of personalized... July 28, 2014
- (via Why Apple may spend $30M to buy “Pandora of talk radio” app... July 28, 2014
- (via What’s the Most Important Element of a Good Story? -... July 25, 2014