John posted on Wednesday, March 20th, 2013 | Blog, PRX, STEM Story Project
PRX is excited to announce a new competition for audio production funding. In partnership with the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, PRX presents the STEM Story Project, focused on STEM topics: Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. We have a pool of $40,000 to distribute among multiple projects.
PRX recently completed an open call for stories as part of the PRX Global Story Project. This time around, our goals with the STEM Story Project are to:
- Unleash highly creative, STEM-based original stories and productions
- Educate and excite listeners about STEM topics and issues
- Tell stories and explain STEM issues in new ways
We want these productions to be heard and shared widely. So, proposals need to appeal both to stations and directly to listeners. You’ll find a lot more details about the PRX STEM Story Project here: application and guidelines.
So, get your ideas together, you critical thinkers, you! The DEADLINE for applications is April 22, 2013 at 11:59PM ET.
The PRX STEM Story Project Team
P.S. If you applied to our Global Story Project, please read the guidelines for STEM carefully — we’ve changed some things.
Join us on Friday, March 29, 2013 at 2PM ET for #PRXSTEMchat on Twitter! We’ll be discussing science topics and answering your questions about the STEM Story Project. Whether you’re a scientist, science enthusiast or producer, we invite you to weigh in!
PRX will also hold one STEM project webinar on Friday, April 5 at 2PM ET to answer questions — register here.
If you can’t make or wait for the webinar, email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. But read the application and guidelines first!
8 Comments to Announcing the PRX STEM Story Project
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- PRX and FRONTLINE: The Future Of TV Beyond Broadcast July 22, 2013
- Why Our Brains Make Us Click on Lists : The New Yorker December 4, 2013
- Pulling back the curtain on civic tech - Knight Foundation December 4, 2013
- Who Needs a Raise When You Have TV? - Bloomberg December 4, 2013
- Transom » Catherine Burns November 26, 2013
- Woods Hole 'Is a Serious Town,' Radio Producer Says - Business - Falmouth, MA Patch November 25, 2013