I love radio, and sometimes I like it even better when it has a video to go along with it. I’d been wanting to make a radio-video for quite some time, and I got my chance with a small grant from the Knight Foundation.
“The Emperor’s New Onesie” is an episode of Hillary Frank’s podcast, “The Longest Shortest Time.” Now, it’s a gorgeous animation as well.
This video is not a PRX project; it’s a Rekha project. But as a devoted PRXer, I focused my search on PRX.org and on the independent producer community. Many thanks to those of you who took the time to suggest pieces and brainstorm approaches.
It’s National Sensory Awareness Month, so this video has the potential to resonate with a community that shares the experiences described in Onesie. (The topic and timing were an amazing coincidence.) WBUR’s Commonhealth blog is helping to make that connection.
And, because there are never enough blog posts for something this cool, watch the PRX blog next week for a post full of the radio-videos that inspired this project in the first place.
3 Comments to When a Radiomaker, an Illustrator, and an Animator Get Together…
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- an introduction to v4 August 18, 2014
- labs 2.0 August 6, 2014
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- In Ferguson, Family Takes Turns Guarding Front Door : NPR August 19, 2014
- (via The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of Adam Carolla’s... August 19, 2014
- (via JagBani) August 18, 2014
- (via Doc Searls Weblog · Fun with distance) Our friend Doc... August 18, 2014
- (via When Robots Write Songs - The Atlantic) August 18, 2014