I love radio, and sometimes I like it even better when it has a video to go along with it. I’d been wanting to make a radio-video for quite some time, and I got my chance with a small grant from the Knight Foundation.
“The Emperor’s New Onesie” is an episode of Hillary Frank’s podcast, “The Longest Shortest Time.” Now, it’s a gorgeous animation as well.
This video is not a PRX project; it’s a Rekha project. But as a devoted PRXer, I focused my search on PRX.org and on the independent producer community. Many thanks to those of you who took the time to suggest pieces and brainstorm approaches.
It’s National Sensory Awareness Month, so this video has the potential to resonate with a community that shares the experiences described in Onesie. (The topic and timing were an amazing coincidence.) WBUR’s Commonhealth blog is helping to make that connection.
And, because there are never enough blog posts for something this cool, watch the PRX blog next week for a post full of the radio-videos that inspired this project in the first place.
3 Comments to When a Radiomaker, an Illustrator, and an Animator Get Together…
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Long-lost radio interview with David Foster Wallace, animated! April 23, 2013
- Sound Opinions remembers Roger Ebert April 4, 2013
- A Little Structure March 27, 2013
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- One issue holding up Apple iRadio: The economics of skipping songs | Apple - CNET News May 21, 2013
- (via iOS default despair: Where Ars staff turns for better app... May 21, 2013
- (via New Yorker Creates Aaron Swartz’s Open Source... May 15, 2013
- (via 63. Roman Mars | Fast Company | Business Innovation) Go... May 13, 2013
- Transom » Story Workshop Spring 2013: Insights May 8, 2013