I love radio, and sometimes I like it even better when it has a video to go along with it. I’d been wanting to make a radio-video for quite some time, and I got my chance with a small grant from the Knight Foundation.
“The Emperor’s New Onesie” is an episode of Hillary Frank’s podcast, “The Longest Shortest Time.” Now, it’s a gorgeous animation as well.
This video is not a PRX project; it’s a Rekha project. But as a devoted PRXer, I focused my search on PRX.org and on the independent producer community. Many thanks to those of you who took the time to suggest pieces and brainstorm approaches.
It’s National Sensory Awareness Month, so this video has the potential to resonate with a community that shares the experiences described in Onesie. (The topic and timing were an amazing coincidence.) WBUR’s Commonhealth blog is helping to make that connection.
And, because there are never enough blog posts for something this cool, watch the PRX blog next week for a post full of the radio-videos that inspired this project in the first place.Related
3 Comments to When a Radiomaker, an Illustrator, and an Animator Get Together…
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- 7 Essential Public Radio STEM Education Resources March 10, 2014
- Web Event Recap: Online Fundraising for Youth Radio Groups March 6, 2014
- Using Facebook Interest Lists March 3, 2014
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (Matter demo day NYC via News | Matter.) March 5, 2014
- (via Podcast Thing) March 4, 2014
- Transom » A Brief History of Documentary Forms March 4, 2014
- (via Ira Glass Shows Us How To Get Those Ira Glass Abs | The... March 3, 2014
- (via New on public radio: An investigative reporting show - LA... March 3, 2014