Genevieve posted on Friday, October 5th, 2012 | Blog, Introductions
PRX is welcoming a new intern today, Lily Bui. We had her do our new intern “hazing ritual” of writing an intro blog post!
Salutations! My name is Lily. Pleased to meet you! (Firm but gentle handshake.)
Though a California native, I come to PRX by way of WBEZ Chicago and WGBH Boston. My love affair with public media is still relatively new, but I don’t foresee it dwindling anytime soon (or at all).
I believe that public media caters to the curious and galvanizes a culture of lifelong learning. Radio, as a medium, has the inexplicable ability to stimulate us sonically as well as intellectually. It incites our imagination, and it teaches us to listen.
I was drawn to PRX for its mission to bring public radio to marry technical savvy with quality creative content. In a technological landscape that is constantly shifting and evolving, public radio has managed to come out ahead in terms of keeping up with the times—be it online presence, social media, smartphone apps, or Kickstarter campaigns.
I’m eager to learn more about the ever-changing world of public radio and support PRX in bringing it to the ears of as many people as possible!
“Radio happens in sound, but sound is not what matters about radio. What does matter is the bisected heart of the infinite dreamland […] the radio signal as intimate but untouchable, sensually charged but technically remote, reaching deep inside but from way out there, seductive in its invitation but possibly lethal in its effects.” –Gregory Whitehead, Wireless Imagination
1 Comment to Welcoming Lily
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- #GivingTuesday December 3, 2013
- Engineering Gotham From Below: A Mole’s Eye View November 22, 2013
- Welcoming Janet Balis to the PRX Board of Directors November 21, 2013
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- PRX and FRONTLINE: The Future Of TV Beyond Broadcast July 22, 2013
- Why Our Brains Make Us Click on Lists : The New Yorker December 4, 2013
- Pulling back the curtain on civic tech - Knight Foundation December 4, 2013
- Who Needs a Raise When You Have TV? - Bloomberg December 4, 2013
- Transom » Catherine Burns November 26, 2013
- Woods Hole 'Is a Serious Town,' Radio Producer Says - Business - Falmouth, MA Patch November 25, 2013