Genevieve posted on Friday, October 5th, 2012 | Blog, Introductions
PRX is welcoming a new intern today, Lily Bui. We had her do our new intern “hazing ritual” of writing an intro blog post!
Salutations! My name is Lily. Pleased to meet you! (Firm but gentle handshake.)
Though a California native, I come to PRX by way of WBEZ Chicago and WGBH Boston. My love affair with public media is still relatively new, but I don’t foresee it dwindling anytime soon (or at all).
I believe that public media caters to the curious and galvanizes a culture of lifelong learning. Radio, as a medium, has the inexplicable ability to stimulate us sonically as well as intellectually. It incites our imagination, and it teaches us to listen.
I was drawn to PRX for its mission to bring public radio to marry technical savvy with quality creative content. In a technological landscape that is constantly shifting and evolving, public radio has managed to come out ahead in terms of keeping up with the times—be it online presence, social media, smartphone apps, or Kickstarter campaigns.
I’m eager to learn more about the ever-changing world of public radio and support PRX in bringing it to the ears of as many people as possible!
“Radio happens in sound, but sound is not what matters about radio. What does matter is the bisected heart of the infinite dreamland […] the radio signal as intimate but untouchable, sensually charged but technically remote, reaching deep inside but from way out there, seductive in its invitation but possibly lethal in its effects.” –Gregory Whitehead, Wireless Imagination
1 Comment to Welcoming Lily
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Slate comes to public radio June 11, 2013
- Long-lost radio interview with David Foster Wallace, animated! April 23, 2013
- Sound Opinions remembers Roger Ebert April 4, 2013
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- KCPW to drop National Public Radio programs | The Salt Lake Tribune June 18, 2013
- Five reasons we are excited about Matter Demo Day - Knight Foundation June 13, 2013
- Excited that the KCRW Music Mine is out on iPhone - built by... June 12, 2013
- ANDREW GOLIS: Joining The Atlantic June 10, 2013
- TuneIn raises $25 million, nabs new CFO from Google to monetize radio streaming — Tech News and Analysis May 29, 2013