Let’s watch it again, shall we?
The idea to visualize radio didn’t come out of thin air. It’s been done before with great success. So make a hot beverage and put your feet up for some great watching and listening below.
“Creature Comforts” by Aardman Productions is based on interviews with nursing home residents.
“Dock Ellis & The LSD No No” is based on a 2008 interview with the baseball great on Weekend America.
Several beautiful videos have been produced by or inspired by Radiolab. The approach was to create something entirely new, rather than track literally against a specific interview or episode. Moments is a favorite, and I also love this:
Snap Judgment has animated some of their episodes, like this one about hypnosis. (Watching it shouldn’t make you a mind slave, but would I know if it did?)
I first encountered the radio-video concept in a series of powerful animations from StoryCorps. This is one of my favorites, based on an interview with Studs Terkel.
Other ideas came from:
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- an introduction to v4 August 18, 2014
- labs 2.0 August 6, 2014
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (via The tape deck you probably won’t be leaving for your... September 2, 2014
- (via Pop Quiz: Before Public Media, I … | AIRmediaworks) August 29, 2014
- boobie-stabbie vs knowledge August 29, 2014
- (via Matter Applications are Open & Rolling! | Matter.)... August 28, 2014
- (via https://twitter.com/prx/status/505060059832139776/photo/1) August 28, 2014