Genevieve posted on Wednesday, August 29th, 2012 | PRX
Producers and stations may have noticed the MyPRX graph of listens, views, and purchases was blank recently. The wait is over! MyPRX stats are making their return and you will see your graph start to fill in chronologically this week. It won’t all happen right away… you’ll see them roll in from late June forward, like a journey through time (yes we are excited)!
Bringing stats back was no small feat. Our small tech team has worked hard (understatement) to gather the stats and display them on your graphs. The reason they were gone so long? We got over a year’s worth of site traffic in two days due to a viral piece.
Now, why does a viral piece affect everyone on PRX? When visitors come to a website, a record of how many people visited is made AND what they did while they were here. Each of those views, listens, and purchases on your graph is an action stored in our ol’ database. We got what accounts to 200,000 people showing up to your studio apartment for a dinner party when you were expecting 5. You would probably still be cleaning up, too!
Thanks for your patience, all. Please give the graph some time to fill in through the next couple of weeks as we work through any final hiccups.Related
2 Comments to The return of the stats…
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- Streaming | Features | Pitchfork April 16, 2014
- BAM | RadioLoveFest April 16, 2014
- (via 24/192 Music Downloads are Very Silly Indeed) April 15, 2014
- (via The Radio of the Future :: Museum of Imaginary Musical... April 14, 2014
- (via Why voice is the next big internet wave — Tech News and... April 7, 2014