Genevieve posted on Wednesday, August 29th, 2012 | PRX
Producers and stations may have noticed the MyPRX graph of listens, views, and purchases was blank recently. The wait is over! MyPRX stats are making their return and you will see your graph start to fill in chronologically this week. It won’t all happen right away… you’ll see them roll in from late June forward, like a journey through time (yes we are excited)!
Bringing stats back was no small feat. Our small tech team has worked hard (understatement) to gather the stats and display them on your graphs. The reason they were gone so long? We got over a year’s worth of site traffic in two days due to a viral piece.
Now, why does a viral piece affect everyone on PRX? When visitors come to a website, a record of how many people visited is made AND what they did while they were here. Each of those views, listens, and purchases on your graph is an action stored in our ol’ database. We got what accounts to 200,000 people showing up to your studio apartment for a dinner party when you were expecting 5. You would probably still be cleaning up, too!
Thanks for your patience, all. Please give the graph some time to fill in through the next couple of weeks as we work through any final hiccups.
2 Comments to The return of the stats…
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- an introduction to v4 August 18, 2014
- labs 2.0 August 6, 2014
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (via Matter Applications are Open & Rolling! | Matter.)... August 28, 2014
- (via https://twitter.com/prx/status/505060059832139776/photo/1) August 28, 2014
- (via Wire Recorder Project) August 28, 2014
- (via Public Media Platform (PMP) Aims to Be ‘Backbone... August 28, 2014
- (via The Golden Era of Radio « The Dish) Wow! Thank you... August 27, 2014