This is huge!
Public Radio Remix - our dedicated and decidedly offbeat story-driven PRX channel, is landing in Boston big time.
15 hours a week on WBUR 90.9 (Weeknights 1-3am, Saturdays 12-3am and Sundays 3-5am, and streaming 24/7 on WBUR.org) and 25 hours on WGBH 89.7 (Weeknights midnight – 5am).
We’re night owls ourselves, so occupying the wee hours on the airwaves in our big home city feels like exactly the right place to start. It’s also just the right mix of folks up at that hour – taxi drivers, exam crammers, insomniacs – to enjoy these stories, and start telling some themselves.
Remix is built on thousands of stories hand-picked from PRX.org and beyond, and woven together by some clever technology and editorial ingenuity. So even though avid listeners can find Remix across the dial, they won’t hear the same thing on both stations. We call it “intentional serendipity.”
A big thanks to our friends at WBUR and WGBH for taking the plunge! Please tune in and make sure to let the stations know you’re listening:
- WBUR 90.9: Weeknights 1-3am, Saturdays 12-3am and Sundays 3-5am.
- WGBH 89.7: Weeknights midnight – 5am.
1 Comment to Remixing Public Radio in Boston late night on WGBH and WBUR
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- an introduction to v4 August 18, 2014
- labs 2.0 August 6, 2014
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (via Pop Quiz: Before Public Media, I … | AIRmediaworks) August 29, 2014
- boobie-stabbie vs knowledge August 29, 2014
- (via Matter Applications are Open & Rolling! | Matter.)... August 28, 2014
- (via https://twitter.com/prx/status/505060059832139776/photo/1) August 28, 2014
- (via Wire Recorder Project) August 28, 2014