Audrey posted on Tuesday, July 3rd, 2012 | PRX
We created new apps, we Kickstarted, and then a couple special little girls took over our worlds. You heard it here first!
- Apps, apps everywhere! In June we released two new apps.
- Dreams do come true! Radiolab at your fingertips. We’re so proud of the Radiolab apps for iPhone and Android our team worked so hard on, so make sure to get your paws on them if you haven’t already! And while we have you, the new season of Radiolab is available on PRX.
- Are you a spotify user? You’re in luck. Get the KCRW Music Mine Spotify app and discover troves of new music, thoughtfully curated by KCRW DJs.
- PRX CEO Jake Shapiro became MC Jake Shapiro as host of the Moth at the kickoff of the 2012 MIT-Knight Civic Media Conference: “The Story and the Algorithm.” Three storytellers were chosen from the list of conference attendees, each telling a personal story based on the theme of “Man vs. Machine.”
- PRX is now giving pub media projects a kick with our new curated page on Kickstarter. We are featuring projects that we like and want to help promote. Curated pages like ours are then featured by Kickstarter.
Make sure to check out and pledge to Blank on Blank’s current project. Amazing found interviews from journalists produced for public radio. They’re looking to create 30 Interviews in 30 days, so hurry up and help make it happen!
- Ever wanted to know what PRX staff looked like covered in mud? Yeah, we thought so! Read about PRX Farm Day at Waltham Fields Community Farm.
- Last but not least, I don’t even need to give Sadie and Eva an introduction because you already know them as the Two Little Girls in “Two Little Girls Explain the Worst Haircut Ever,” produced by their Dad, WNPR Reporter Jeff Cohen.
We loved this piece back when we heard it in March and now they have taken over the world! The piece has gone viral on Gawker, Buzzfeed, Yahoo, HuffPo and ABC News. Read more about the piece and get some insight on viral audio.
1 Comment to PRX Monthly Update: New Apps, Kickstarting and a Very Special Haircut
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- an introduction to v4 August 18, 2014
- labs 2.0 August 6, 2014
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (via The tape deck you probably won’t be leaving for your... September 2, 2014
- (via Pop Quiz: Before Public Media, I … | AIRmediaworks) August 29, 2014
- boobie-stabbie vs knowledge August 29, 2014
- (via Matter Applications are Open & Rolling! | Matter.)... August 28, 2014
- (via https://twitter.com/prx/status/505060059832139776/photo/1) August 28, 2014