Audrey posted on Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 | PRX
Some of us at PRX may seem like city slickers, but yesterday as we were transformed by rain, mud, and waterproof jumpsuits, we seemed to fit in real well at Waltham Fields Community Farm.
When PRX’s developer extraordinaire Rebecca Nesson is not coding, she is the President of the Board over at Waltham Fields. She organized a work day for staff to get together and accomplish something outside the world of Pub Radio.
Despite the rain and the mud, we persevered and planted over 2000 pepper plants and saved cabbages from some serious weedage.
Then, of course, we had a feast of veggie sandwiches, salads and Becca’s homemade wine!
We had a great time out in the fields using our hands (for something other than typing!) and getting to know more about the farm, which supports local hunger relief and food access efforts and provides 500 CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) shares to folks in the community.
3 Comments to Gone Farmin’
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Long-lost radio interview with David Foster Wallace, animated! April 23, 2013
- Sound Opinions remembers Roger Ebert April 4, 2013
- A Little Structure March 27, 2013
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- One issue holding up Apple iRadio: The economics of skipping songs | Apple - CNET News May 21, 2013
- (via iOS default despair: Where Ars staff turns for better app... May 21, 2013
- (via New Yorker Creates Aaron Swartz’s Open Source... May 15, 2013
- (via 63. Roman Mars | Fast Company | Business Innovation) Go... May 13, 2013
- Transom » Story Workshop Spring 2013: Insights May 8, 2013