Audrey posted on Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 | PRX
Some of us at PRX may seem like city slickers, but yesterday as we were transformed by rain, mud, and waterproof jumpsuits, we seemed to fit in real well at Waltham Fields Community Farm.
When PRX’s developer extraordinaire Rebecca Nesson is not coding, she is the President of the Board over at Waltham Fields. She organized a work day for staff to get together and accomplish something outside the world of Pub Radio.
Despite the rain and the mud, we persevered and planted over 2000 pepper plants and saved cabbages from some serious weedage.
Then, of course, we had a feast of veggie sandwiches, salads and Becca’s homemade wine!
We had a great time out in the fields using our hands (for something other than typing!) and getting to know more about the farm, which supports local hunger relief and food access efforts and provides 500 CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) shares to folks in the community.Related
3 Comments to Gone Farmin’
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- Streaming | Features | Pitchfork April 16, 2014
- BAM | RadioLoveFest April 16, 2014
- (via 24/192 Music Downloads are Very Silly Indeed) April 15, 2014
- (via The Radio of the Future :: Museum of Imaginary Musical... April 14, 2014
- (via Why voice is the next big internet wave — Tech News and... April 7, 2014