Audrey posted on Monday, May 7th, 2012 | PRX
PRX is busy as ever with lots of new developments in the works for the spring and summer. New content, new apps, and lots of planning for the Public Media Accelerator. We kicked off April with a staff outing to see The Moth live at the Somerville theater. We listened, we after-partied, we bowled. We work hard at PRX but we also know how to have a lot of fun.
- WBUR presented an evening of “True Stories Told Live” by the main stage of The Moth. The stories were captivating, emotional and hilarious. It was great to see our friends from The Moth and witness the magic they make happen on stage and on air time and again. Get excited because previews for The Moth Radio Hour Spring 2012 Season are now up on PRX.
- PRX teamed up with FRONTLINE and organized a hackathon to investigate innovative ways to marry technology and storytelling. The group created working prototypes that they demoed at the end of the session. Here’s PRX Developer Chris Rhoden’s blog post about the project he worked on. Also, check out FRONTLINE’s Andrew Golis’ interview with AIR about the hackathon and producer/developer relationships.
- The WNYC Android App went live and is now available in the Play Store. Get it now! Have an iPhone? Get the iPhone app as well.
- Our developers are not only creating amazing apps and tools for public media, they’re blogging, too. Check out Lead Developer Rebecca Nesson’s blog post on PRX Labs about “Hacking Open Educational Resources” at the Berkman Center.
- We’ve had a lot of visits recently and were lucky to get a special visit from our friends at the Third Coast International Audio Festival. Have you submitted your documentary yet to the 2012 Third Coast/Richard H. DrieHaus Foundation Competition? Submit here and then post it on PRX!
- Speaking of visitors, there was an epic whirlwind of meetings, presentations, conversations and Tweetups while Public Media Accelerator Director Corey Ford was in town. Got questions or ideas for the Public Media Accelerator? Be in touch. Want more insight from Corey? Check out this Storify of Corey’s host night on #wjchat, a weekly Twitter discussion for web journalists.
2 Comments to PRX Monthly Update
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Long-lost radio interview with David Foster Wallace, animated! April 23, 2013
- Sound Opinions remembers Roger Ebert April 4, 2013
- A Little Structure March 27, 2013
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- One issue holding up Apple iRadio: The economics of skipping songs | Apple - CNET News May 21, 2013
- (via iOS default despair: Where Ars staff turns for better app... May 21, 2013
- (via New Yorker Creates Aaron Swartz’s Open Source... May 15, 2013
- (via 63. Roman Mars | Fast Company | Business Innovation) Go... May 13, 2013
- Transom » Story Workshop Spring 2013: Insights May 8, 2013