Roman Mars posted on Friday, April 13th, 2012 | PRX Remix
I heard this story last year on UnFictional and thoroughly enjoyed it. The power of radio and the power of metal.
Nowadays she’s a working mom who just bought her first home, but back in college, Angie was better known for her alter ego – Ivy, the Mistress of Metal. Most of the students at her small liberal arts college couldn’t have cared less about Angie’s weekly heavy metal radio show. But at the nearby prison, she was a legend.
1 Comment to Welcome to the Metal
Subscribe via Email
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- We love Foo! August 1, 2014
- Transom » Lessons in Mixing A (Historical) Documentary for Public Radio August 1, 2014
- (via Matter’s Corey Ford: Bring Project-Based Teamwork to... August 1, 2014
- [WP] NPR is secretly cloning Ira Glass and plans to replace all their radio hosts with Ira Glass-soundalikes. Ira finds out and covers the story on This American Life : WritingPrompts July 31, 2014
- (via Our Nine Favorite Companies From The 500 Startups Demo Day... July 30, 2014