Audrey posted on Tuesday, April 10th, 2012 | PRX
We’re still wearing the cowboy boots we put on at the Integrated Media Association Conference and SXSW Interactive in Austin, Texas. Sure, it may have rained, but that didn’t stop us from making waves with exciting announcements, panels and discussions about the future of public media.
- PRX folks were very busy in Austin talking shop, discussing new tools for public media, and answering questions about the Public Media Accelerator. In addition, PRX Managing Director John Barth headed out to West Texas to visit our friends at Marfa Public Radio.
- Technical Projects Director Matt MacDonald shared some highlights from his panel discussion at IMA, “Pledge Your Support for Mobile.” Check out his post and join the conversation going on about mobile giving.
Public Media Accelerator:
- During a keynote address at IMA, PRX CEO Jake Shapiro and John Bracken of Knight Foundation discussed the vision and goals of the Public Media Accelerator. And, they announced Corey Ford would be the Director of the project. We are very excited to have him on board. Learn more about Corey here and check out the Public Media Accelerator in the news.
- Lee Hirsch’s new film Bully finally received an MPAA “PG-13″ rating after much debate. Generation PRX Director Jones Franzel knows something about bullying having just finished working on Bullied: Teen Stories from Generation PRX, an hour long special on bullying hosted and produced by teens. She took a stand on the original “R” rating over at the Huffington Post, and was interviewed on FoxNews.com about the special. Listen to Bullied here.
- Back at home base, PRX listening went mobile with the launch of our new audio player. Now you can listen to PRX.org pieces on most mobile devices, including iPhone, iPad and Android. Turn on your phone, take a listen (try this new Sound Opinions show on rock & roll in 1967, for example) and let us know what you think!
Have you checked out PRX Labs yet? Our Tech Team has been blogging away about tech and innovation at PRX. Learn more about the projects behind our new audio player, a graphical pseudo-3d environment in our upcoming Android app, or PlayerHater: PRX’s way of playing background audio on Android.
- 2011 Zeitfunkers sent us their acceptance speeches and photos of themselves donning their fabulous trophies. Check out the first place winners here!
- And finally, PRX finished off the month with a visit from the fabulous Kitchen Sisters.
1 Comment to PRX Monthly Update
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (via Our Nine Favorite Companies From The 500 Startups Demo Day... July 30, 2014
- (via Andrew Mason’s Audio Tour App Detour Steers You Away From... July 30, 2014
- (via Podcasting patent troll: We tried to drop lawsuit against... July 30, 2014
- (via College Radio Changes Frequency - WSJ) July 29, 2014
- (via Rieder: Watchdog reporting for public radio) USAToday on... July 29, 2014