Audrey posted on Friday, March 2nd, 2012 | PRX
February: small month, big happenings. Though only 29 days, we managed to cram this month full of exciting new features, news and developments at PRX.
(Headed to IMA Conference or SXSWi? Stay tuned next week for more info on panels and conversations led by PRXers.)
The 2011 Zeitfunk Awards for the mostiest of PRX members, producers and stations rolled out at the beginning of the month. Check out who won categories like Most Licensed Producer and Most Listened-To Piece. Stay tuned for the Virtual Awards Ceremony for acceptance speeches and hilarious photos. Here’s a look at last year’s.
We realize how important it is for producers to be able to easily share their work on PRX. So, we announced that as of February 2 all new pieces on PRX would allow open streaming by default for producers (producers can still opt-out to limit streaming if they prefer). Find out more about open streaming and sharing options like Twitter, Facebook, and the PRX Embeddable Player.
Speaking of great shows and fantastic news, in February it was announced that our friends and partners at The Moth are recipients of a MacArthur Award for Creative & Effective Institutions. Genius!
Bullied: Teen Stories From Generation PRX was launched with stories from teens from around the world. The hour-long special is produced and told by teens, and includes stories from New England to Alaska to Europe, interviews with the bullied and bullies, and expert advice. Produced by Catie Talarski and WNPR with support from the Motorola Mobility Foundation. Listen to Bullied!
Last but definitely not least, Jake scored PRX’s biggest Gaga fans, Genevieve and Audrey, tickets from our friends at The Berkman Center to the launch of Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation at Harvard’s Sanders Theater. Here’s a pic from the BTW Facebook page. Yup, that’s Oprah and Gaga in the same room. We’re so lucky!
2 Comments to PRX Monthly Update
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- #GivingTuesday December 3, 2013
- Engineering Gotham From Below: A Mole’s Eye View November 22, 2013
- Welcoming Janet Balis to the PRX Board of Directors November 21, 2013
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- PRX and FRONTLINE: The Future Of TV Beyond Broadcast July 22, 2013
- Why Our Brains Make Us Click on Lists : The New Yorker December 4, 2013
- Pulling back the curtain on civic tech - Knight Foundation December 4, 2013
- Who Needs a Raise When You Have TV? - Bloomberg December 4, 2013
- Transom » Catherine Burns November 26, 2013
- Woods Hole 'Is a Serious Town,' Radio Producer Says - Business - Falmouth, MA Patch November 25, 2013