Audrey posted on Friday, March 2nd, 2012 | PRX
February: small month, big happenings. Though only 29 days, we managed to cram this month full of exciting new features, news and developments at PRX.
(Headed to IMA Conference or SXSWi? Stay tuned next week for more info on panels and conversations led by PRXers.)
The 2011 Zeitfunk Awards for the mostiest of PRX members, producers and stations rolled out at the beginning of the month. Check out who won categories like Most Licensed Producer and Most Listened-To Piece. Stay tuned for the Virtual Awards Ceremony for acceptance speeches and hilarious photos. Here’s a look at last year’s.
We realize how important it is for producers to be able to easily share their work on PRX. So, we announced that as of February 2 all new pieces on PRX would allow open streaming by default for producers (producers can still opt-out to limit streaming if they prefer). Find out more about open streaming and sharing options like Twitter, Facebook, and the PRX Embeddable Player.
Speaking of great shows and fantastic news, in February it was announced that our friends and partners at The Moth are recipients of a MacArthur Award for Creative & Effective Institutions. Genius!
Bullied: Teen Stories From Generation PRX was launched with stories from teens from around the world. The hour-long special is produced and told by teens, and includes stories from New England to Alaska to Europe, interviews with the bullied and bullies, and expert advice. Produced by Catie Talarski and WNPR with support from the Motorola Mobility Foundation. Listen to Bullied!
Last but definitely not least, Jake scored PRX’s biggest Gaga fans, Genevieve and Audrey, tickets from our friends at The Berkman Center to the launch of Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation at Harvard’s Sanders Theater. Here’s a pic from the BTW Facebook page. Yup, that’s Oprah and Gaga in the same room. We’re so lucky!
2 Comments to PRX Monthly Update
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (via 24/192 Music Downloads are Very Silly Indeed) April 15, 2014
- (via The Radio of the Future :: Museum of Imaginary Musical... April 14, 2014
- (via Why voice is the next big internet wave — Tech News and... April 7, 2014
- Dean Cappello: Training on Demand: Audio Innovation | NPR Digital Services - newsle April 3, 2014
- (via The Peabody Awards - Reveal: The VA’s Opiate Overload... April 2, 2014