Audrey posted on Tuesday, March 20th, 2012 | Blog
We’re very excited to introduce the new PRX HTML5 audio player which makes it possible to listen to PRX.org on most mobile devices, including iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. Now, you can listen to PRX pieces while driving, walking your dog, eating outside on your lunch break, and all of the many places you go with your mobile device. You’ll notice it has a cool new look to match its cool new capabilities.
Here’s an example of the embeddable player:
The new player is on every PRX.org piece page and popup player (check it out here); plus, any embeddable audio players (like the one above) you embedded in the past are now replaced with this new player, and any future embeds will be the new player. You can now listen to PRX pieces on the go, and pages will load faster as well.
Which reminds us — have you taken advantage of PRX’s open streaming, which makes it easier to share pieces? Embeddable audio players are available to all. You can embed PRX pieces on your website or blog, or post a full piece on Facebook using their player, or email piece links to friends and they will be able to listen without logging in.
4 Comments to PRX Listening Goes Mobile
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- PRX and FRONTLINE: The Future Of TV Beyond Broadcast July 22, 2013
- Why Our Brains Make Us Click on Lists : The New Yorker December 4, 2013
- Pulling back the curtain on civic tech - Knight Foundation December 4, 2013
- Who Needs a Raise When You Have TV? - Bloomberg December 4, 2013
- Transom » Catherine Burns November 26, 2013
- Woods Hole 'Is a Serious Town,' Radio Producer Says - Business - Falmouth, MA Patch November 25, 2013