Way back in the fall of 2010, when we first started talking to the Generation PRX network about creating an hour-long youth special on bullying, we knew we were on to something.
Over the past several years, GPRX has collaborated with stations (KUOW, WBEZ, NHPR) and youth producers to tackle issues ranging from immigration, to parenting, to Black masculinity. The shows – which bring a uniquely youth perspective to topics that young people experience first hand – have been PRX hits.
But this time? We’ve been bowled over by pick up both on and off the radio.
So far, Bullied: Teen Stories from Generation PRX has been licensed by 16 different stations. It’s been spotlighted on the Third Coast Festival library, written about on FoxNews.com and GPRX Director Jones Franzel was interviewed on Jonathan Hunts’ show on FoxNews.com (true story!)
Bullied: Teen Stories from Generation PRX was funded by the Motorola Mobility Foundation and comes from (awesome, amazing) producer Catie Talarski, Connecticut Public Radio and PRX. You’ll find the back story to how this ambitious special came together as well as individual posts from featured youth radio groups on generationprx.org. We’re so proud of the work the whole team did, and gratified that the show is finding audiences far and wide.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- PRX and FRONTLINE: The Future Of TV Beyond Broadcast July 22, 2013
- Why Our Brains Make Us Click on Lists : The New Yorker December 4, 2013
- Pulling back the curtain on civic tech - Knight Foundation December 4, 2013
- Who Needs a Raise When You Have TV? - Bloomberg December 4, 2013
- Transom » Catherine Burns November 26, 2013
- Woods Hole 'Is a Serious Town,' Radio Producer Says - Business - Falmouth, MA Patch November 25, 2013