Audrey posted on Monday, January 9th, 2012 | Blog, Introductions
Laitan Oladipo approached PRX about helping out during her winter break. We think that’s a great use of free time, and we are glad to have benefited as well. Thanks, Laitan!
Hi, there! My name is Laitan Oladipo and I am currently a sophomore at Brown University studying Modern Culture and Media. Thus far, I’ve spent my time at school pursuing courses that have allowed me to be creative and innovative. I have a widespread interest in media but, more specifically, I love art and everything artistic. I love to sing, write, paint and do anything that encourages cultural appreciation/self-reflection/participation.
I got involved with PRX through Rekha, a fellow Brunonian, and am so happy that I had the opportunity to get to work with her. I wanted to pick her brain as to everything media and she really gave me a lot to think about. My experience with public radio has always been rather on the surface—it was something I would listen to in the car driving to and from school—but after spending a full day at the Public Radio Exchange, I can truly say that this community is cultivating a digital art form. What I mean is that PRX’s method is against the grain in a way that is relevant, much like unconventional art.
I’ve always believed art is dependent on its emotional semblance and connection with the viewer. Art is relevant when the viewer feels and therefore cannot forget. Art is the inexperienced, still waiting to be made and discovered. What immediately resonated with me after leaving the Exchange on day one was that, much like art, PRX serves as an outlet for many diverse voices, stories, and opinions.
For the time being I will be working on a small project with Jones at Generation PRX. I am excited to learn more about public radio and hopefully expand my definition of the medium.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- We love Foo! August 1, 2014
- Transom » Lessons in Mixing A (Historical) Documentary for Public Radio August 1, 2014
- (via Matter’s Corey Ford: Bring Project-Based Teamwork to... August 1, 2014
- [WP] NPR is secretly cloning Ira Glass and plans to replace all their radio hosts with Ira Glass-soundalikes. Ira finds out and covers the story on This American Life : WritingPrompts July 31, 2014
- (via Our Nine Favorite Companies From The 500 Startups Demo Day... July 30, 2014