Congratulations to Stuart McLean, host of Vinyl Cafe!
We’re not sure if we’ll have to give a snappy PRX salute the next time we see Stuart, but he has been named one of the recipients of the Order of Canada, an officer to be precise, for “a lifetime of achievement and merit of a high degree, especially in service to Canada or to humanity at large.” This is one of Canada’s highest civilian honors.
Stuart joins other well-known Order of Canada recipients such as author and New Yorker columnist Malcolm Gladwell, creator of Saturday Night Live Lorne Michaels, and filmmaker and comedian Eugene Levy.
Stuart posted on the Vinyl Cafe Facebook page:
“…My name is on the award, and that is lovely, but the award is for my work on the show and there should be other names on it. Vinyl Cafe producer, Jess Milton, who works harder and smarter than anyone. Meg Masters who has been editing the stories since the beginning. Julie Penner (and before her Owen Pallett) who works on the music. Louise Curtis who keeps the office going. John Sheard, Don Jones and all the touring gang. Greg deClute and others at the CBC. Founding producer David Amer. It’s a team effort. And if the award is a great big shout out, the team deserves one too. Jess says she is proud of me. I am proud to work with her, and everyone else. I’m a lucky man.”
The Order will be presented formally in 2012.
2 Comments to PRX Cheers Vinyl Cafe’s Stuart McLean
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (via Our Nine Favorite Companies From The 500 Startups Demo Day... July 30, 2014
- (via Andrew Mason’s Audio Tour App Detour Steers You Away From... July 30, 2014
- (via Podcasting patent troll: We tried to drop lawsuit against... July 30, 2014
- (via College Radio Changes Frequency - WSJ) July 29, 2014
- (via Rieder: Watchdog reporting for public radio) USAToday on... July 29, 2014