Jones posted on Monday, October 10th, 2011 | Blog
With help from the Motorola Mobility Foundation, Generation PRX – the youth radio division of PRX – is very excited to launch a new and creative producing project: Bullying Stories, A Community Storytelling Project from GPRX. For the first time, we’re asking youth radio groups to send us pitches for stories on the topic of bullying.
In return, we’re offering some terrific resources: an audio storytelling kit, training webinars, and possible inclusion in an hour-long special on bullying which will be shared nationally by PRX.
Are there bullying stories you’ve witnessed in your community? Have you created a story about bullying that you’d like to take further? Pitches should address a specific theme and make a concise, compelling case for the story. Please see additional details here and send pitches to generationprx[at]prx.org by midnight EST on Wednesday, October 26, 2011
All pitches will be reviewed by a panel of youth and adult producers. Selected pitches will receive:
- Audio storytelling kit that includes a digital recorder, microphone, and audio editing software (a $500 value)
- Training webinars on producing, refining, and distributing stories
- Likely inclusion in a youth radio special to be broadcast nationwide via PRX
For all groups, the GPRX Bullying Stories Project is a chance to develop pitching skills and be part of a national movement of young people speaking up about bullying. As the project progresses, we’ll post updates and links on ways to be involved over on the Generation PRX blog.
Find all the details here and see the GPRX video we put together for the grant application.Related
1 Comment to Scoop a Storytelling Kit! GPRX Announces Call for Pitches
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- Streaming | Features | Pitchfork April 16, 2014
- BAM | RadioLoveFest April 16, 2014
- (via 24/192 Music Downloads are Very Silly Indeed) April 15, 2014
- (via The Radio of the Future :: Museum of Imaginary Musical... April 14, 2014
- (via Why voice is the next big internet wave — Tech News and... April 7, 2014