Audrey posted on Monday, September 26th, 2011 | Introductions, PRX
Hello! My name is Audrey Mardavich and I am happy to say that I am the newest member of the PRX team. Most recently, I spent the past year in Austin, Texas as an AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteer in Service to America) at the Capital Area Food Bank of Texas. At the Food Bank, I helped the Communications team collect stories for their “StoryBank,” which included written pieces, podcasts and videos of our clients and their experiences with food insecurity. Not only did I learn a lot of new technical skills doing this, but I learned many new ways to tell a story.
I studied English and Creative Writing at Suffolk University in Boston, and storytelling has always been something that has come naturally to me. When I interviewed the Food Bank clients, I realized how important it was for them to be able to share their story, and it became apparent how much was lost when a 20 minute conversation became a two paragraph blog post.
In came the podcasts and videos–now Clarice from Waco, and Robert from Marlin were able to share their own story in their own voice which not only made for a more compelling story, but a more democratic one.
I learned that the best stories are often the stories that are struggling to be heard. This is why I am excited to be a part of an organization dedicated to making the best stories available to listeners everywhere in new, exciting ways. I am so excited to help you get your story heard, help listeners use our site and applications to their fullest potential, and hear amazing stories along the way.Related
1 Comment to New Member Support and Administrative Associate
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- Streaming | Features | Pitchfork April 16, 2014
- BAM | RadioLoveFest April 16, 2014
- (via 24/192 Music Downloads are Very Silly Indeed) April 15, 2014
- (via The Radio of the Future :: Museum of Imaginary Musical... April 14, 2014
- (via Why voice is the next big internet wave — Tech News and... April 7, 2014