Audrey posted on Monday, September 26th, 2011 | Introductions, PRX
Hello! My name is Audrey Mardavich and I am happy to say that I am the newest member of the PRX team. Most recently, I spent the past year in Austin, Texas as an AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteer in Service to America) at the Capital Area Food Bank of Texas. At the Food Bank, I helped the Communications team collect stories for their “StoryBank,” which included written pieces, podcasts and videos of our clients and their experiences with food insecurity. Not only did I learn a lot of new technical skills doing this, but I learned many new ways to tell a story.
I studied English and Creative Writing at Suffolk University in Boston, and storytelling has always been something that has come naturally to me. When I interviewed the Food Bank clients, I realized how important it was for them to be able to share their story, and it became apparent how much was lost when a 20 minute conversation became a two paragraph blog post.
In came the podcasts and videos–now Clarice from Waco, and Robert from Marlin were able to share their own story in their own voice which not only made for a more compelling story, but a more democratic one.
I learned that the best stories are often the stories that are struggling to be heard. This is why I am excited to be a part of an organization dedicated to making the best stories available to listeners everywhere in new, exciting ways. I am so excited to help you get your story heard, help listeners use our site and applications to their fullest potential, and hear amazing stories along the way.
1 Comment to New Member Support and Administrative Associate
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- #GivingTuesday December 3, 2013
- Engineering Gotham From Below: A Mole’s Eye View November 22, 2013
- Welcoming Janet Balis to the PRX Board of Directors November 21, 2013
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- PRX and FRONTLINE: The Future Of TV Beyond Broadcast July 22, 2013
- Why Our Brains Make Us Click on Lists : The New Yorker December 4, 2013
- Pulling back the curtain on civic tech - Knight Foundation December 4, 2013
- Who Needs a Raise When You Have TV? - Bloomberg December 4, 2013
- Transom » Catherine Burns November 26, 2013
- Woods Hole 'Is a Serious Town,' Radio Producer Says - Business - Falmouth, MA Patch November 25, 2013