Rekha posted on Tuesday, August 2nd, 2011 | PRX
Here at PRX, we’re developing innovative mobile apps for public media. To do this, we like to try out new technologies. So we partnered with The Echo Nest, based a couple of subway stops away from us in Davis Square, Somerville. The Echo Nest does pioneering work with digital music: Their “music intelligence” platform scours the Web for music news, analyzes music files, and identifies music trends.
The first product of this partnership is Bandito, a free iPhone/iPod app that scans your iTunes music library and serves up news and reviews about the artists you listen to most, gleaned from a range of online sources. You can also read up on the artists that are hot right now, whether or not they’ve already made it onto your iPod.
Also watch this space for a breakthrough iPad app for a leading public radio music station — developed by PRX and coming soon!
6 Comments to PRX and The Echo Nest Team Up for Bandito
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (via I’m Ira Glass, Host of This American Life, and This... July 23, 2014
- (via Shoutcast relaunches with new hosted streaming service —... July 23, 2014
- (via Developer Marco Arment On Apple’s Attitude About... July 23, 2014
- (via Databending using Audacity Effects | Question Something) July 23, 2014
- (via AIR [ Spotlight July 2014 ]) Listen hard, learn something,... July 22, 2014