Rekha posted on Tuesday, August 2nd, 2011 | PRX
Here at PRX, we’re developing innovative mobile apps for public media. To do this, we like to try out new technologies. So we partnered with The Echo Nest, based a couple of subway stops away from us in Davis Square, Somerville. The Echo Nest does pioneering work with digital music: Their “music intelligence” platform scours the Web for music news, analyzes music files, and identifies music trends.
The first product of this partnership is Bandito, a free iPhone/iPod app that scans your iTunes music library and serves up news and reviews about the artists you listen to most, gleaned from a range of online sources. You can also read up on the artists that are hot right now, whether or not they’ve already made it onto your iPod.
Also watch this space for a breakthrough iPad app for a leading public radio music station — developed by PRX and coming soon!
5 Comments to PRX and The Echo Nest Team Up for Bandito
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Long-lost radio interview with David Foster Wallace, animated! April 23, 2013
- Sound Opinions remembers Roger Ebert April 4, 2013
- A Little Structure March 27, 2013
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- One issue holding up Apple iRadio: The economics of skipping songs | Apple - CNET News May 21, 2013
- (via iOS default despair: Where Ars staff turns for better app... May 21, 2013
- (via New Yorker Creates Aaron Swartz’s Open Source... May 15, 2013
- (via 63. Roman Mars | Fast Company | Business Innovation) Go... May 13, 2013
- Transom » Story Workshop Spring 2013: Insights May 8, 2013