We’re excited to offer new album reviews selected from the world’s only rock n’ roll talk show, Sound Opinions. Produced at WBEZ Chicago, Sound Opinions is hosted by Jim DeRogatis and Greg Kot, two of the finest and best-recognized pop music writers in the nation. Jim and Greg save you the time of that pesky listening process, by boiling down their reviews to three easy to use phrases: Buy It!, Burn It! or Trash It!
- Buy it! …This record is worth your hard earned money.
- Burn it! …There are a few good tracks here, but not worth the full price….try a downloading service, or (cough), another method.
- Trash it! …Pretty self-explanatory!
Sound Opinions is produced by WBEZ Chicago and distributed nationally by PRX. In addition to the album reviews we’re running on Remix, the entire one-hour weekly program is chock full of pop culture and music industry news, artist and band interviews, and because on Sound Opinions, “everyone’s a critic,” listeners are invited to join in the debate. It’s your one-stop-shop for smart and engaging music criticism and conversation. Learn more.
1 Comment to Sound Opinions Reviews on Remix
Subscribe via Email
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (via What’s the Most Important Element of a Good Story? -... July 25, 2014
- "It’s a hostage situation for people who don’t have... July 24, 2014
- (via How Music Affects Your Productivity | Entrepreneur.com) July 24, 2014
- (via 10 places to take a shower on tour… and we’ve... July 24, 2014
- (via I’m Ira Glass, Host of This American Life, and This... July 23, 2014