chris.kalafarski posted on Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 | Blog, Introductions
I’ve landed here at PRX just a month after discovering the company. I was immediately intrigued by the work they are doing with lots of the public radio content I have grown to enjoy and trust, so when I saw their posting for a Rails developer I had to jump on the opportunity. My recent work history being filled with Rails applications focusing on presenting data to users in the most effective ways possible. I’ve reached where I am through some print and web design, film and photo production, and even some financial services. Staying on top of the latest ideas and trends in technology, and thinking of ways to use them to help improve the world around us is something I’m passionate about.
PRX has brought me back to Boston, after graduating from the business school at Boston College in 2004. In my time there I worked hard to understand where uses of technology in business and media worked, and where they were lacking or not being used to their full potential. It’s amazing to be part of a company like PRX, which is at the forefront of enacting change in the storied world of public radio, bringing in a fresh generation of listeners and redefining the way radio content is delivered. I hope that with my background in user experience design and development I can help PRX continue to excel at reshaping public radio.
When I’m away from the computer, I pass the time playing a wide variety of board games, being a freelance sports photographer, staying pretty active, or hanging out with my dog. I’m always up for a good movie or documentary, and finding a new best-band-ever happens more frequently than it probably should.Related
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- 7 Essential Public Radio STEM Education Resources March 10, 2014
- Web Event Recap: Online Fundraising for Youth Radio Groups March 6, 2014
- Using Facebook Interest Lists March 3, 2014
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- Introducing Discover… In the new WNYC App. (by WNYC) March 10, 2014
- (via Soundmarks: A unique audio recorder that lets you annotate... March 10, 2014
- (Matter demo day NYC via News | Matter.) March 5, 2014
- (via Podcast Thing) March 4, 2014
- Transom » A Brief History of Documentary Forms March 4, 2014