chris.kalafarski posted on Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 | Blog, Introductions
I’ve landed here at PRX just a month after discovering the company. I was immediately intrigued by the work they are doing with lots of the public radio content I have grown to enjoy and trust, so when I saw their posting for a Rails developer I had to jump on the opportunity. My recent work history being filled with Rails applications focusing on presenting data to users in the most effective ways possible. I’ve reached where I am through some print and web design, film and photo production, and even some financial services. Staying on top of the latest ideas and trends in technology, and thinking of ways to use them to help improve the world around us is something I’m passionate about.
PRX has brought me back to Boston, after graduating from the business school at Boston College in 2004. In my time there I worked hard to understand where uses of technology in business and media worked, and where they were lacking or not being used to their full potential. It’s amazing to be part of a company like PRX, which is at the forefront of enacting change in the storied world of public radio, bringing in a fresh generation of listeners and redefining the way radio content is delivered. I hope that with my background in user experience design and development I can help PRX continue to excel at reshaping public radio.
When I’m away from the computer, I pass the time playing a wide variety of board games, being a freelance sports photographer, staying pretty active, or hanging out with my dog. I’m always up for a good movie or documentary, and finding a new best-band-ever happens more frequently than it probably should.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Long-lost radio interview with David Foster Wallace, animated! April 23, 2013
- Sound Opinions remembers Roger Ebert April 4, 2013
- A Little Structure March 27, 2013
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- One issue holding up Apple iRadio: The economics of skipping songs | Apple - CNET News May 21, 2013
- (via iOS default despair: Where Ars staff turns for better app... May 21, 2013
- (via New Yorker Creates Aaron Swartz’s Open Source... May 15, 2013
- (via 63. Roman Mars | Fast Company | Business Innovation) Go... May 13, 2013
- Transom » Story Workshop Spring 2013: Insights May 8, 2013