Rekha posted on Thursday, March 31st, 2011 | PRX in the News
Many of you have told us how wonderful The Moth Radio Hour is. How moving, engaging, and thought-provoking. We believed you, and it made us feel good. But we have to admit it feels REALLY good to get a Peabody award.
The Moth Radio Hour is one of those satisfying collaborations where creative people come together — The Moth, Atlantic Public Media, and PRX — and make something that people want to hear. (Funding from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, the National Endowment for the Arts, and the MacArthur Foundation helps, too.) We are grateful to the hundreds of stations who have aired the program since its 2007 debut, and to the countless listeners who clamor for more.
The icing on the cake is that we get to keep great company: 18 of the 39 Peabodys this year went to public media groups. Congrats to all!
Want to know what all the fuss is about? Go listen!
Watch this blog for a formal press release, coming soon.Related
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Web Event Recap: Online Fundraising for Youth Radio Groups March 6, 2014
- Using Facebook Interest Lists March 3, 2014
- This Is Criminal February 27, 2014
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (Matter demo day NYC via News | Matter.) March 5, 2014
- (via Podcast Thing) March 4, 2014
- Transom » A Brief History of Documentary Forms March 4, 2014
- (via Ira Glass Shows Us How To Get Those Ira Glass Abs | The... March 3, 2014
- (via New on public radio: An investigative reporting show - LA... March 3, 2014