Rekha posted on Thursday, March 31st, 2011 | PRX in the News
Many of you have told us how wonderful The Moth Radio Hour is. How moving, engaging, and thought-provoking. We believed you, and it made us feel good. But we have to admit it feels REALLY good to get a Peabody award.
The Moth Radio Hour is one of those satisfying collaborations where creative people come together — The Moth, Atlantic Public Media, and PRX — and make something that people want to hear. (Funding from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, the National Endowment for the Arts, and the MacArthur Foundation helps, too.) We are grateful to the hundreds of stations who have aired the program since its 2007 debut, and to the countless listeners who clamor for more.
The icing on the cake is that we get to keep great company: 18 of the 39 Peabodys this year went to public media groups. Congrats to all!
Want to know what all the fuss is about? Go listen!
Watch this blog for a formal press release, coming soon.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- "It’s a hostage situation for people who don’t have... July 24, 2014
- (via How Music Affects Your Productivity | Entrepreneur.com) July 24, 2014
- (via 10 places to take a shower on tour… and we’ve... July 24, 2014
- (via I’m Ira Glass, Host of This American Life, and This... July 23, 2014
- (via Shoutcast relaunches with new hosted streaming service —... July 23, 2014