Since November 2008 when we rolled out the “new” PRX 3.0, our team of developers has been working hard to make the site faster, easier and more useful for everyone who uses it: that’s producers, stations and listeners, too. Last night we released PRX 3.12, which includes some exciting changes.
- The My PRX page (like an accounts dashboard) has been reorganized to help you find what you are looking for. And not only is the activity graph easier to read, but the data being reported is more accurate — thanks to complicated technical changes our Tech Director Andrew Kuklewicz will be documenting on our techie blog, PRX Labs.
- Group, station and PRX Network administrators can now add members in fewer steps from their Manage Members page.
- Audio processing has been improved along with error reporting for unprocessed audio.
- Illinois Public Media’s public radio station WILL will hitherto show up in search results as a station rather than the stop-search word for the future tense of the verb “to be.”
- And lastly (and more seriously), we are pleased to introduce some new sharing options for Facebook and Twitter. You can now share playable 30-second previews of PRX pieces on Facebook, and include PRX short URLs in Twitter updates. Consider these features a preview of the more advanced sharing options we’ll be rolling out soon — which will allow paid PRX producers to make their full pieces playable on Facebook, and embeddable on blogs and websites. Interested in trying out the advanced sharing options as a beta tester? Give us a holler.
1 Comment to PRX 3.12. New release, new goodies.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Slate comes to public radio June 11, 2013
- Long-lost radio interview with David Foster Wallace, animated! April 23, 2013
- Sound Opinions remembers Roger Ebert April 4, 2013
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- KCPW to drop National Public Radio programs | The Salt Lake Tribune June 18, 2013
- Five reasons we are excited about Matter Demo Day - Knight Foundation June 13, 2013
- Excited that the KCRW Music Mine is out on iPhone - built by... June 12, 2013
- ANDREW GOLIS: Joining The Atlantic June 10, 2013
- TuneIn raises $25 million, nabs new CFO from Google to monetize radio streaming — Tech News and Analysis May 29, 2013