Chris posted on Friday, August 20th, 2010 | Blog, Introductions
So, hey. My name’s Chris and I just started at PRX as a Web Applications Developer. If you’ve ever wondered what you would get if you somehow combined a computer nerd, radio nerd, and public media nerd, I’m your answer. Naturally, I’m quite excited to be joining the team here, and I’m really looking forward to working on some of the awesome pieces of technology coming out of PRX.
A little bit about me: I have been listening to public radio almost exclusively for so long, it’s hard to remember things ever being different. I’ve got a few cross-country road trips under my belt, and there always seems to be an NPR station somewhere on the dial. I carried my love for the audio broadcast to Longwood University, where I worked as an on-air personality, Music Director, and Webmaster for WMLU.
I’ve run the gamut when it comes to the internet – I’ve done everything from *nix systems administration to pixel-pushing design work to asynchronous message handling, and I love every bit of it. I’m a rubyist (nerd speak for someone who likes the ruby programming language), so I find myself at a lot of ruby/rails meetings. I’m really hoping to be able to improve my skills developing for the Android mobile platform. More and more, I see the future as mobile and social, and I am very excited to see that space developing at the rate it is (even while I am struggling to keep up).
When I am not completely geeking out about the future of computing, I am probably riding my bike or playing my ukulele (poorly).
I have already started working through the main prx.org application, and I’m getting geared up to start working on some cool new features and projects here. I’m really looking forward to working closely with the re-democratized side of public radio, and making the experience of using prx.org even more seamless.Related
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- 7 Essential Public Radio STEM Education Resources March 10, 2014
- Web Event Recap: Online Fundraising for Youth Radio Groups March 6, 2014
- Using Facebook Interest Lists March 3, 2014
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- Introducing Discover… In the new WNYC App. (by WNYC) March 10, 2014
- (via Soundmarks: A unique audio recorder that lets you annotate... March 10, 2014
- (Matter demo day NYC via News | Matter.) March 5, 2014
- (via Podcast Thing) March 4, 2014
- Transom » A Brief History of Documentary Forms March 4, 2014