Jones posted on Monday, August 31st, 2009 | Blog, Press Releases
Fresh Greens: Teens & the Environment has arrived. The new collaboration from New Hampshire Public Radio, Terrascope Youth Radio and Generation PRX features stories from young people that consider what it means to think about our daily impact on the planet.
And what does it mean to be green? Listen to Fresh Greens and youth producers will tell you: It’s owning up to being an “energy brat” in the context of immigration, noticing how corn syrup shows up in all your favorite snacks, or facing environmental activism on your own terms. Featuring stories from teens across the country and an interview with Special Advisor to the White House Council on Environmental Quality Van Jones, Fresh Greens is a different kind of environmental radio.
Produced by Kelly Horan and hosted by Hichem Hadjeres and Manon Bonnet of Terrascope Youth Radio, Fresh Greens features stories from across the wide world of youth radio: Terrascope Youth Radio (Cambridge, MA), Youth Radio (Oakland, CA), Youth Spin (Austin, TX), Blunt Youth Radio (Portland, ME), OutLoud Radio (San Francisco, CA) and Alaska Teen Media Institute (Anchorage, AK).
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (via Andrew Mason’s Audio Tour App Detour Steers You Away From... July 30, 2014
- (via Podcasting patent troll: We tried to drop lawsuit against... July 30, 2014
- (via College Radio Changes Frequency - WSJ) July 29, 2014
- (via Rieder: Watchdog reporting for public radio) USAToday on... July 29, 2014
- (via The newsonomics of NPR One and the dream of personalized... July 28, 2014