PRX posted on Thursday, July 30th, 2009 | Blog, Introductions
A straight line may be the shortest path between two points, but the journey is infinitely more fun when you wander a bit from the straight and narrow — at least I like to think so.
I’m Susanna Bolle, one of PRX’s newest interns. My path to PRX has been a circuitous one, though it feels like a natural thing. Over the years, I’ve done graduate studies in Russian cultural and intellectual history, worked as a freelance music journalist, and organized a concert series. I’ve always been a fan of radio, be it public, community, or something else altogether — just so long as the voice is independent and interesting. But I took to the airwaves myself only recently. At the behest of a friend, I started doing a weekly music show on one of the fringier of Boston’s college radio stations, WZBC. I was hooked from the start.
Now I’m finishing a Masters in Journalism at Boston University, focusing on radio, of course! I couldn’t be more pleased to be spending my summer at the Public Radio Exchange. Here at PRX I help spread the word about the innovative work done by PRX’s eclectic community of producers, focusing on the collection of PRX albums now available on iTunes. I get to be part of the future of radio and listen to great radio pieces all day at the office. What could be better?
In addition to my internship at PRX, this summer I’m working across the river at WGBH, staring down pixels as the web intern for the public television series, NOVA. I also do my best to get out of the house and onto my bike as often as possible.Related
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Web Event Recap: Online Fundraising for Youth Radio Groups March 6, 2014
- Using Facebook Interest Lists March 3, 2014
- This Is Criminal February 27, 2014
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (Matter demo day NYC via News | Matter.) March 5, 2014
- (via Podcast Thing) March 4, 2014
- Transom » A Brief History of Documentary Forms March 4, 2014
- (via Ira Glass Shows Us How To Get Those Ira Glass Abs | The... March 3, 2014
- (via New on public radio: An investigative reporting show - LA... March 3, 2014