We’ve been listening and once again our Tech Director Andrew and Developer Dan have worked their magic to improve the performance of PRX.org. A big undertaking was researching, designing and implementing a complete Data Warehouse, which isn’t a trivial task, to speed up a number of the areas of the site that we use for providing reports and analytics back to listeners, producers and stations.
Another area that we paid close attention to was improving search. Search is a big, difficult topic, Google spends vast amounts of money on the problem. We’re not Google but we do the best we can with our search tool Solr. We spent time tweaking the user interface so results are easier to scan, improved people searching results (NOTE: We’re still finishing up indexing all the people on the site so results might be inconsistent over the next day or so.), and overall made 20+ changes to the search system.
We’re already in the development phase of PRX.org 3.6 which has over 30 new features, improvements to old ones and regular old bug fixes. So keep in touch and let us know how we can help.
3 Comments to Quick, Fast, Rapid, Speedy and Swift – Introducing PRX.org version 3.5
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (via What’s the Most Important Element of a Good Story? -... July 25, 2014
- "It’s a hostage situation for people who don’t have... July 24, 2014
- (via How Music Affects Your Productivity | Entrepreneur.com) July 24, 2014
- (via 10 places to take a shower on tour… and we’ve... July 24, 2014
- (via I’m Ira Glass, Host of This American Life, and This... July 23, 2014