Jake posted on Monday, December 29th, 2008 | Blog
Public radio never has much margin to begin with, so any cuts tend to hit hard, and talented people find themselves let loose at a tough moment.
PRX would like to offer any recently unemployed staff member from a public radio network or station a free one-year PRX producer membership with full privileges, as our small way of helping out.
With PRX 3.0, producer accounts now have unlimited audio storage and expanded professional profiles for networking and freelance opportunities.
So if you are one of the NPR, APM, or other network or station staff that was recently let go, we invite you to sign up for an individual producer account now, and then contact PRX (email membership) and we’ll upgrade it to a paid membership.
1 Comment to Free PRX memberships for ex-NPR staff and others
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (via Our Nine Favorite Companies From The 500 Startups Demo Day... July 30, 2014
- (via Andrew Mason’s Audio Tour App Detour Steers You Away From... July 30, 2014
- (via Podcasting patent troll: We tried to drop lawsuit against... July 30, 2014
- (via College Radio Changes Frequency - WSJ) July 29, 2014
- (via Rieder: Watchdog reporting for public radio) USAToday on... July 29, 2014