John posted on Saturday, October 11th, 2008 | Blog
Third Coast each year is an inspiration, a fresh breeze off the lake and PRX is always thrilled to be here. This year, ‘here’ is Evanston.
We caught up with about 300 of our closest producer friends and those who aspire to great audio things. We heard Brooke Gladstone on interviewing, Wiretap’s Jonathan Goldstein on personal performance fiction and storytelling, The Kitchen Sisters favorite things, the challenge of crafting stories from Germany and elsewhere, and moving, wildly aural pieces of audio ephemera. Even a group singalong to Sixteen Tons and With a Little Help from My Friends.
Tonight, we get somewhat dressed up for the awards ceremony. There are tears and applause and moving words and sounds about the pinnacle of what radio can be.
Last night, PRX threw its annual Zeitfunk Party. None were arrested. But the lengthy bar tab was as dramatic as the inelegant, expressive, sweaty dancing. We’re talking passion, people!
Can’t wait til next year!
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Long-lost radio interview with David Foster Wallace, animated! April 23, 2013
- Sound Opinions remembers Roger Ebert April 4, 2013
- A Little Structure March 27, 2013
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- One issue holding up Apple iRadio: The economics of skipping songs | Apple - CNET News May 21, 2013
- (via iOS default despair: Where Ars staff turns for better app... May 21, 2013
- (via New Yorker Creates Aaron Swartz’s Open Source... May 15, 2013
- (via 63. Roman Mars | Fast Company | Business Innovation) Go... May 13, 2013
- Transom » Story Workshop Spring 2013: Insights May 8, 2013