John posted on Saturday, October 11th, 2008 | Blog
Third Coast each year is an inspiration, a fresh breeze off the lake and PRX is always thrilled to be here. This year, ‘here’ is Evanston.
We caught up with about 300 of our closest producer friends and those who aspire to great audio things. We heard Brooke Gladstone on interviewing, Wiretap’s Jonathan Goldstein on personal performance fiction and storytelling, The Kitchen Sisters favorite things, the challenge of crafting stories from Germany and elsewhere, and moving, wildly aural pieces of audio ephemera. Even a group singalong to Sixteen Tons and With a Little Help from My Friends.
Tonight, we get somewhat dressed up for the awards ceremony. There are tears and applause and moving words and sounds about the pinnacle of what radio can be.
Last night, PRX threw its annual Zeitfunk Party. None were arrested. But the lengthy bar tab was as dramatic as the inelegant, expressive, sweaty dancing. We’re talking passion, people!
Can’t wait til next year!
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- #GivingTuesday December 3, 2013
- Engineering Gotham From Below: A Mole’s Eye View November 22, 2013
- Welcoming Janet Balis to the PRX Board of Directors November 21, 2013
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- PRX and FRONTLINE: The Future Of TV Beyond Broadcast July 22, 2013
- Why Our Brains Make Us Click on Lists : The New Yorker December 4, 2013
- Pulling back the curtain on civic tech - Knight Foundation December 4, 2013
- Who Needs a Raise When You Have TV? - Bloomberg December 4, 2013
- Transom » Catherine Burns November 26, 2013
- Woods Hole 'Is a Serious Town,' Radio Producer Says - Business - Falmouth, MA Patch November 25, 2013