John posted on Saturday, October 11th, 2008 | Blog
Third Coast each year is an inspiration, a fresh breeze off the lake and PRX is always thrilled to be here. This year, ‘here’ is Evanston.
We caught up with about 300 of our closest producer friends and those who aspire to great audio things. We heard Brooke Gladstone on interviewing, Wiretap’s Jonathan Goldstein on personal performance fiction and storytelling, The Kitchen Sisters favorite things, the challenge of crafting stories from Germany and elsewhere, and moving, wildly aural pieces of audio ephemera. Even a group singalong to Sixteen Tons and With a Little Help from My Friends.
Tonight, we get somewhat dressed up for the awards ceremony. There are tears and applause and moving words and sounds about the pinnacle of what radio can be.
Last night, PRX threw its annual Zeitfunk Party. None were arrested. But the lengthy bar tab was as dramatic as the inelegant, expressive, sweaty dancing. We’re talking passion, people!
Can’t wait til next year!
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- an introduction to v4 August 18, 2014
- labs 2.0 August 6, 2014
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (via - Public Radio Exchange | Public Radio Exchange) On the PRX... September 2, 2014
- (via The tape deck you probably won’t be leaving for your... September 2, 2014
- (via Pop Quiz: Before Public Media, I … | AIRmediaworks) August 29, 2014
- boobie-stabbie vs knowledge August 29, 2014
- (via Matter Applications are Open & Rolling! | Matter.)... August 28, 2014