John posted on Thursday, October 16th, 2008 | Station Newsletters
Hi friend of PRX,
PRX released 250 billion radio pieces into the public radio system today. PRX executive director Jake Shapiro urged stations “not to horde the pieces but to air them.” He announced the Fundraising Soundbank is also offering free spots to stations to increase capital flows into the system. Shapiro also said that the impending launch of PRX 3.0 will “benefit mankind.”
E pluribus radioum,
PRX has engaged stations to slice and dice election year issues from a variety of angles:
Rural Issues Series: Reporters at stations in Mo., Okla., Ill., Kan., Texas, N.M., and upstate N.Y. tackle issues away from the cities.
Rust Belt Issues Series: We tapped news people in Mich., Ohio, Wis., and Minn. to look at environmental, labor and manufacturing agendas.
Our Time: Teens and Politics: KUOW and Generation PRX reached out to teens to decipher how politics and this election look to them.
La Llorona: An Evolving Myth
National Radio Project, 29:00
Hear the story of La Llorona (the weeping woman) — that’s been told since the time of the Spanish conquest, all over Mexico and the American Southwest.
Beware of Shortcuts!
Peter Bochan, 54:36
A classic Halloween mash-up.
The Mexican Army, Drug Cartels and US Aid
Lorne Matalon for The World, 7-part series
Matalon faces the dangerous and complex drug trade south of the border since a new US aid package was sent to stem the cartels’ influence.
Other Good Stuff
* The Association of Independents in Radio and CPB are sponsoring the Public Radio Makers Quest 2.0, disbursing $400,000 in grants to about a dozen producers.
* PRX’s politics blogs: Campaign Audio and BallotVox.
1 Comment to PRX Bails Out Public Radio
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (via College Radio Changes Frequency - WSJ) July 29, 2014
- (via Rieder: Watchdog reporting for public radio) USAToday on... July 29, 2014
- (via The newsonomics of NPR One and the dream of personalized... July 28, 2014
- (via Why Apple may spend $30M to buy “Pandora of talk radio” app... July 28, 2014
- (via What’s the Most Important Element of a Good Story? -... July 25, 2014