Genevieve posted on Tuesday, November 27th, 2007 | Blog, Introductions
Hi PRX-world! I joined PRX two weeks ago as the new administrative associate. I’m loving PRX and the whole giant-college-campus feel of Boston (school without the homework can never be bad).
I just graduated from college with a major in government and a minor in dance, so naturally the first job I got this summer involved writing help documentation for a technology startup. Several user manuals later, I feel prepared to take on your help questions, which is one of the things I’ll be doing for PRX.
Before graduating and becoming a “real person,” I soaked up all the unique intern experiences I could from the D.C. area, where I grew up. (If you’re from the area you know that the Beltway commute = a lot of public radio listening time.) I conducted interviews for College Media News and braved a scary abandoned hospital for an indie horror film. I wrote a restaurant review and a “Rocky Horror Picture Show” event preview, plus worked on the Shakespeare in Washington festival feature for washingtonpost.com’s City Guide.
A friend introduced me to PRX, and I am lucky to have a job that combines working for a cause and being surrounded by unique journalism and broadcasting. While I couldn’t pick just one piece on PRX that I like the best, as a performing arts lover, I really enjoyed Designing Dance.
I’m looking forward to the months ahead here at PRX!Related
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Web Event Recap: Online Fundraising for Youth Radio Groups March 6, 2014
- Using Facebook Interest Lists March 3, 2014
- This Is Criminal February 27, 2014
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (Matter demo day NYC via News | Matter.) March 5, 2014
- (via Podcast Thing) March 4, 2014
- Transom » A Brief History of Documentary Forms March 4, 2014
- (via Ira Glass Shows Us How To Get Those Ira Glass Abs | The... March 3, 2014
- (via New on public radio: An investigative reporting show - LA... March 3, 2014