Genevieve posted on Tuesday, November 27th, 2007 | Blog, Introductions
Hi PRX-world! I joined PRX two weeks ago as the new administrative associate. I’m loving PRX and the whole giant-college-campus feel of Boston (school without the homework can never be bad).
I just graduated from college with a major in government and a minor in dance, so naturally the first job I got this summer involved writing help documentation for a technology startup. Several user manuals later, I feel prepared to take on your help questions, which is one of the things I’ll be doing for PRX.
Before graduating and becoming a “real person,” I soaked up all the unique intern experiences I could from the D.C. area, where I grew up. (If you’re from the area you know that the Beltway commute = a lot of public radio listening time.) I conducted interviews for College Media News and braved a scary abandoned hospital for an indie horror film. I wrote a restaurant review and a “Rocky Horror Picture Show” event preview, plus worked on the Shakespeare in Washington festival feature for washingtonpost.com’s City Guide.
A friend introduced me to PRX, and I am lucky to have a job that combines working for a cause and being surrounded by unique journalism and broadcasting. While I couldn’t pick just one piece on PRX that I like the best, as a performing arts lover, I really enjoyed Designing Dance.
I’m looking forward to the months ahead here at PRX!
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- #GivingTuesday December 3, 2013
- Engineering Gotham From Below: A Mole’s Eye View November 22, 2013
- Welcoming Janet Balis to the PRX Board of Directors November 21, 2013
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- PRX and FRONTLINE: The Future Of TV Beyond Broadcast July 22, 2013
- Why Our Brains Make Us Click on Lists : The New Yorker December 4, 2013
- Pulling back the curtain on civic tech - Knight Foundation December 4, 2013
- Who Needs a Raise When You Have TV? - Bloomberg December 4, 2013
- Transom » Catherine Burns November 26, 2013
- Woods Hole 'Is a Serious Town,' Radio Producer Says - Business - Falmouth, MA Patch November 25, 2013