Genevieve posted on Tuesday, November 27th, 2007 | Blog, Introductions
Hi PRX-world! I joined PRX two weeks ago as the new administrative associate. I’m loving PRX and the whole giant-college-campus feel of Boston (school without the homework can never be bad).
I just graduated from college with a major in government and a minor in dance, so naturally the first job I got this summer involved writing help documentation for a technology startup. Several user manuals later, I feel prepared to take on your help questions, which is one of the things I’ll be doing for PRX.
Before graduating and becoming a “real person,” I soaked up all the unique intern experiences I could from the D.C. area, where I grew up. (If you’re from the area you know that the Beltway commute = a lot of public radio listening time.) I conducted interviews for College Media News and braved a scary abandoned hospital for an indie horror film. I wrote a restaurant review and a “Rocky Horror Picture Show” event preview, plus worked on the Shakespeare in Washington festival feature for washingtonpost.com’s City Guide.
A friend introduced me to PRX, and I am lucky to have a job that combines working for a cause and being surrounded by unique journalism and broadcasting. While I couldn’t pick just one piece on PRX that I like the best, as a performing arts lover, I really enjoyed Designing Dance.
I’m looking forward to the months ahead here at PRX!
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Long-lost radio interview with David Foster Wallace, animated! April 23, 2013
- Sound Opinions remembers Roger Ebert April 4, 2013
- A Little Structure March 27, 2013
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- One issue holding up Apple iRadio: The economics of skipping songs | Apple - CNET News May 21, 2013
- (via iOS default despair: Where Ars staff turns for better app... May 21, 2013
- (via New Yorker Creates Aaron Swartz’s Open Source... May 15, 2013
- (via 63. Roman Mars | Fast Company | Business Innovation) Go... May 13, 2013
- Transom » Story Workshop Spring 2013: Insights May 8, 2013