PRX posted on Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 | Blog, Introductions
My name is Carman, the one of the two new Public Radio Exchange interns this season.
During my very first day here, I was advised to stroll down the street to apply for a position with Car Talk, elsewhere in “our fair city.” Name puns aside, I’m happy to have my first public radio experience be at PRX. As an aspiring independent radio producer, I hope to help and absorb all I can. Much like the PRX site, everyone is full of curiosity and hidden talents.
Having spent eight months wandering and volunteering through Asia, meeting new friends that treated me like family, I love how good radio can teach me so much about our wide-world while holding me so close. I have fond memories of hearing short-wave broadcasts of the CBC or BBC at sunrise in dusty, remote villages. I appreciate Hearing Voices (plus blog) and Re:sound for the cross-border narratives they bring to my ears.
Other audio artists I enjoy include: Joe Frank, Benjamen Walker, Scott Carrier, Jake Wargo, Ben Adair, Mira Burt-Wintonick, Song and Memory (from Ann Heppermann, Rick Moody and Kara Oehler and c/o Weekend America)
I played a small part in the re-launch of Generation PRX, our youth-radio online community. Take a look and spread the word! Any radio newbies should check out the handy Guide to Peer Feedback that our own Johanna (Jones) Franzel created.
Feel free to e-mail me: carman at prx [dot] orgRelated
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- 7 Essential Public Radio STEM Education Resources March 10, 2014
- Web Event Recap: Online Fundraising for Youth Radio Groups March 6, 2014
- Using Facebook Interest Lists March 3, 2014
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- Introducing Discover… In the new WNYC App. (by WNYC) March 10, 2014
- (via Soundmarks: A unique audio recorder that lets you annotate... March 10, 2014
- (Matter demo day NYC via News | Matter.) March 5, 2014
- (via Podcast Thing) March 4, 2014
- Transom » A Brief History of Documentary Forms March 4, 2014