PRX posted on Wednesday, October 31st, 2007 | Blog, Introductions
I’m not sure whether to call this a rite of passage or an initiation ritual, but regardless, here it is: the requisite introductory blog post from a new PRX person.
I’m Chris, the new intern at PRX, and I’m thrilled to be here. I’m completely dedicated to the goal of re-democratizing public radio, by bringing diverse and unique radio to new audiences; and in my mind, the social-networking approach that PRX takes is a fantastic way of doing that. I am so dedicated, in fact, that I will make any number of photocopies and blog posts and soy lattes, so long as it seems to be helping.
I’ve been involved in public/community radio just over a year, during which time I’ve held about 5 different positions at Brown Student and Community Radio and one internship at my local NPR affiliate. You can hear the first radio piece I ever produced if you dig around in the archives of the local news show I used to contribute to. But I swear, I am a much more interesting person than the story (about an ugly building in Pawtucket, RI) would suggest.
PRX is a huge, potentially frightening place. At the moment I can tell you that I’m really into Benjamen Walker’s “Theory of Everything” series, WNYC’s “Radio Lab” (and pretty much anything with Robert Krulwich involved), the spastic piece “Stress Test“, and, being an indie-rock nerd, the initimable “Lord God Bird” by Long Haul Productions. Still, there is a simply overwhelming amount of audio here, and I’ve only just begun to look around. If you ask me in a month, I’ll probably have an entirely different set of favorites.
So I urge you: don’t be afraid to explore! Listen to new and unreviewed pieces! And please, If there’s anything I can do to make your time here with PRX more comfortable, please don’t hesitate to
press the call button above your seat get in contact with us. We’re here to make PRX better, faster, stronger. (No, not harder.)
Thanks again and I wish you a pleasant journey.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- an introduction to v4 August 18, 2014
- labs 2.0 August 6, 2014
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- In Ferguson, Family Takes Turns Guarding Front Door : NPR August 19, 2014
- (via The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of Adam Carolla’s... August 19, 2014
- (via JagBani) August 18, 2014
- (via Doc Searls Weblog · Fun with distance) Our friend Doc... August 18, 2014
- (via When Robots Write Songs - The Atlantic) August 18, 2014