The Public Radio Exchange (PRX) a Cambridge Massachusetts based nonprofit service for distribution, review, and licensing of public radio programming. PRX is also a growing social network and community of over 30,000 producers, stations and listeners collaborating to reshape public radio.
Someone awesome, interested in supporting our office operations and web-based services, including first point of contact for user help requests. Exceptional communication skills are a must (would you call it “Iraq” or “the Iraq”?), as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, excellent judgment, comfort juggling tasks from the mundane to the more strategic, and the ability to work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
You should be computer and Internet savvy, self-motivated, problem-solving, detail-oriented and results-driven. We’ll need you to learn quickly and participate actively in a growing, entrepreneurial venture. You should be a self-starter who can take initiative and anticipate the needs of a small staff serving a diverse community of radio producers and stations.
Responsibilities and Duties
Primary responsibilities include:
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience.
- Interest and experience in using technology and the Internet.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Comfort with technology and web-based services and the ability to troubleshoot common technical challenges.
- Excellent phone and email etiquette.
- Interest in public radio, media and mission-driven nonprofit service.
- Familiarity with PRX.org a plus.
- A sense of fun and passion for the potential of the web and new media.
This position is full time and pays $28-30,000 per year (based on experience/qualifications) plus benefits.
PRX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We’re located in an elevator accessible non-smoking building in the heart of Harvard Square, Cambridge MA.
Interested candidates please fill out the online application here.
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 28 2007.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Subscribe via Email
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours. July 14, 2014
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- (via I’m Ira Glass, Host of This American Life, and This... July 23, 2014
- (via Shoutcast relaunches with new hosted streaming service —... July 23, 2014
- (via Developer Marco Arment On Apple’s Attitude About... July 23, 2014
- (via Databending using Audacity Effects | Question Something) July 23, 2014
- (via AIR [ Spotlight July 2014 ]) Listen hard, learn something,... July 22, 2014