Adrianne posted on Friday, January 5th, 2007 | Blog
For immediate release: January 5, 2007
The Public Radio Exchange has been selected as a Silver Winner in Radio for the W3 Awards.
The Public Radio Exchange has been selected as a Silver Winner in Radio for the prestigious W3 Awards, which honor a high standard of excellence in the converged media field. The Silver Winner distinction affirms the organization痴 skill, creativity, and overall vision.
The W3 Awards are chosen by the International Academy of Visual Arts (IAVA), a body of leading media professionals whose board includes executives from major fashion companies like Polo Ralph Lauren and Coach; media outlets like MTV and HBO; and top-tier marketing companies like Alloy.
The W3 is also one of the first online award systems in which small independent companies and non-profits compete against Fortune 500 corporations � making the competition accessible to a wide range of businesses and organizations.
About The Public Radio Exchange:
PRX is a web-based marketplace for public radio pieces. Programmers find and air work from other stations, independent producers and international broadcasters. Producers – station-based or independent – license their work directly to stations. The mission of PRX is to build a fair market for creative audio content and an online community of increasing gains; to create more opportunities for diverse programming of exceptional quality, interest, and importance to reach more listeners.
About the W3 Awards:
The Wｳ Awards honors creative excellence on the web, and recognizes the creative and marketing professionals behind award winning sites and marketing programs. Simply put, the Wｳ is the first major web competition to be accessible to the biggest agencies, the smallest firms, and everyone in between. Small firms are as likely to win as Fortune 500 companies and international agencies. The Wｳ is sanctioned and judged by the International Academy of the Visual Arts, an invitation-only body of top-tier professionals.
About the International Academy of Visual Arts (IAVA):
The IAVA is a membership-based organization of leading professionals from various disciplines of the visual arts dedicated to embracing progress and the evolving nature of traditional and interactive media.
Subscribe via Email
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App March 15, 2013
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages November 14, 2012
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs September 6, 2012
- Why and How We Redesigned the Station Apps January 10, 2014
- The Moth App: The Art of Listening to Stories on Mobile October 18, 2013
- Best New Entertainment Apps. iTunes Says So. October 17, 2013
- Streaming | Features | Pitchfork April 16, 2014
- BAM | RadioLoveFest April 16, 2014
- (via 24/192 Music Downloads are Very Silly Indeed) April 15, 2014
- (via The Radio of the Future :: Museum of Imaginary Musical... April 14, 2014
- (via Why voice is the next big internet wave — Tech News and... April 7, 2014